‘Critical reading, critical writing’:
NORWICH CLASSES (February–July 2018)
NORWICH CLASSES for the ‘Critical reading, critical writing’ course will commence on Thursday 22 February 2018 and run on a monthly basis for six sessions:
- Thursday 22 February (18:30–20:30) – Jeanette Winterson, The Passion
- Thursday 22 March (18:30–20:30) – Ursula Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness
- Thursday 19 April (18:30–20:30) – P.G. Wodehouse, Leave it to Psmith
- Thursday 17 May (18:30–20:30) – Russell Hoban, Riddley Walker
- Thursday 14 June (18:30–20:30) – Jean Rhys, Wide Sargasso Sea
- Thursday 12 July (18:30–20:30) – Salman Rushdie, Shame
Venue. Classes will be held in central Norwich (you will be sent a confirmation email and address prior to the commencement of the course).
Fees. The total cost of the course is £150.* This is payable in advance and non-refundable.
Class tutor. The class tutor is Galley Beggar co-director and Guardian journalist Sam Jordison.
Further booking details. To book your place on the course, simply click on the link below. After your payment has been processed and your account created, Sam will be in touch (usually within 48 hours) to offer any further information and welcome you to the class.
*Low-earner spaces. One place per course will be made freely available to a writer on a low-income. We do not ask for proof of income or any other information (we want to respect your right to privacy), and in the first instance you should simply email email@example.com, with ‘Critical reading’ in the subject line. Do be advised that these sessions will be offered on a first come, first serve basis, and are likely to fill up swiftly.